Re: [PULL] radio-si470x

Hi Mauro,

> > please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tlorenz/v4l-dvb/
>
> Your tree seems to have some merge troubles. Please fix. Also, I suspect
> that removing the ioctls you'll break binary compatibility with older
> applications that relies on some of the ioctl's you've removed. The better
> is to keep it, even if not really needed.

I guess, I have to get more in touch with mercurial/hg. In the meantime, I'm going to send the next patches via the mailing list.

Regarding the removement of the ioctls: I prepared this is a seperate patch.
All radio applications that I tested (all radio applications in Debian/testing) do not rely on these functions.
In fact, the V4L2 specification explicitly says, that if the input or audio source cannot be changed anyway, the interface should not be implemented.

So I still think, that removing is an unproblematic, specification conform and clean solution. I found no problems with that.

Bye,
Toby