Re: How to support various hardware blocks in drm driver

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the question is how to go from zero or one
> bridge/hwblock/widget/whatever to zero or more..
>
> an alternate set of helpers is one option.  But it didn't turn out to
> be too intrusive to the existing helpers to add bridge in the first
> place, so I'm not sure it will be necessary.

I guess we could allow bridges to chain up and have multiple
child-bridges or something like that. Plus a helper which finds a
suitable routing through this network (it should be a tree after all,
so no ambiguity) given a drm_connector/drm_encoder pair. Or maybe I
misunderstand what you mean by going from 1 bridge to multiple bridges
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation