- Subject: Dm-mirror Issue
- From: Gaurav Mahajan <gauravmahajan2007@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:28:12 +0530
- In-reply-to: <CAEfaOmgBJ32kjNAY57=k7p+PfnsTRMRCvujK=KOW-XpcscR8DA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAEfaOmgBJ32kjNAY57=k7p+PfnsTRMRCvujK=KOW-XpcscR8DA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: device-mapper development <dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx>
I want to run Dm-raid1 or dm-mirror in degraded mode.
So say I have 2 Disks (loop devices) and I create a mirror device over that (using dmsetup).
Create EXT4 over the new device, mounted it and started a huge number of IO using dd on that device.
Now while the IO are going on, I failed the 'Default' Mirror in the mirror set.
Then ideally the IO operation should not break. All the IO should go to other mirror.
But it is not happening. Either my dd command hangs till the default device comes back or it returns an IO error
and breaks the IO operations on disk.
Is this is known behavior ?
I am missing something in configuration ?
I tried disabling initial sync, but still it is behaving same.
I am using Kernel 2.6.32.
Mirror target's version is 1.12.0
Please help !
dm-devel mailing list