- Subject: dm thin provision, pool full
- From: Marcus Sorensen <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:36:48 -0700
- Reply-to: device-mapper development <dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111109 Thunderbird/3.1.16
You guys probably already know about this, but I was playing with kernel
3.2.0 and the device mapper thin provisioned snapshots, and it doesn't
seem like there is any sort of error implemented when the pool is full.
I was running some write tests, and one of them just seemed to go into
eternal D state. Checking iostat showed disks were idle. Running a
'dmsetup status' returned the following:
thin: 0 41943040 thin 39832576 41943039
pool: 0 41943040 thin-pool 0 622/243968 81920/81920 -
that 81920/81920 is reporting data blocks in use/total blocks, correct?
dm-devel mailing list