Re: saslauthd & PAM??

Am 26.11.2011 00:16, schrieb jeff@xxxxxxxxxx:
> John,
>
> It was worth a shot but I just checked, my version of saslauthd was not
> compiled to use sasldb as an authentication method:
>
> # /usr/sbin/saslauthd -v
> saslauthd 2.1.23
> authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

That's pointless in 2 ways.

1) Why would one use saslauthd to use sasldb as the backend? I know,
some platforms compile saslauthd in that way, but Fedora/RHEL never did
so. Using saslauthd you can't use shared secret auth mechanisms, while
using auxprop with sasldb you can do so. Obvious what you lose with
saslauthd -a sasldb.

2) Your default Fedora SASL setup is using saslauthd -a pam. No sasldb
involved. As long as you do not feed /etc/sasldb2 sasldblistusers2 will
not print out user infos.

Jeff, did you verify using testsaslauthd? If you are sure you face a
bug, then please feed a report on bugzilla.redhat.com.

Regards

Alexander

[Video For Linux]     [Photos]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]     [gtk]     [KDE]     [Info Cyrus]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]     [Script Fu]