Re: Help booting a gpg encrypted loop-aes backed root partition

Jari, thank you for your suggestion.

However, the problem persists. I did set TOOLSPROMT=1 and rebuild my
initrd but the boot process hangs at exactly the same place as up until
now. It doesn't ask to press enter. The last message it prints is:

VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem) readonly
Freeing unused kernel memory: 192k free

and it just sits there. Note that it doesn't freeze - there is no kernel
panic and it accepts input from the keyboard. It echos characters typed on

My Grub configuration is pretty standard as per build-init-rd.sh
instructions. Namely:

title Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.22.1 Encrypted
root  (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.1 root=100 init=/linuxrc rootfstype=minix
initrd /initrd-crypt.gz

I did verify dietlibc and it is working fine.

Regards,

Jivko

-