Re: intel_pstate divide error with v3.13-rc4-256-gb7000ad

On 01/03/2014 02:06 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Il 03/01/2014 21:00, Dirk Brandewie ha scritto:
+    case MSR_IA32_MPERF:
+    case MSR_IA32_APERF:

OK I will spin the patch to only add MSR_PLATFORM_INFO.

These should never be accessed.  A KVM VM will always have
CPUID[06H].ECX = 0, and the Intel manual says that the MSRs are only
present if CPUID returns that value with bit 0 set.

I think the actual bug is that intel_pstate_init does not check the
feature bits in CPUID (either manually or via x86_match_cpu).

I will add the feature check.

What are the differences between the first and the nested KVM's?
At load time intel_pstate checks that APERF and MPERF are incrementing
and that PLATFORM_INFO has some value.  Somehow these checks pass
in the nested environment and we fall over when the CPU is being added
by cpufreq.

--Dirk