Re: Halt nodes in cluster with cable disconnect

@Digemer

It's no true the node without the delay always win

this is from a comment redhat support about this
Red Hat Support  says:

This kbase is a little confusing....The node without the fence delay will always "win" the fence race

It would probably be better to state it this way....

The node without fencedevice "delay" assigned will get fenced faster. So  for the one that you want to prevent getting fenced you'll want that  node's fencedevice to have the delay set.

2012/1/27 Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 01/27/2012 04:43 PM, Miguel Angel Guerrero wrote:
> Digimer
> the echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger; command works fine the node with
> this command reboot thank to the fence-peer :) in a scenary without
> "fencing race", how the cluster take a decisition about what node
> reboot in the cable disconnection test?
> One question you think drbd works better in a pacemaker or cman environment?
>
> Emmanuel
> Your english is good, i preffer talk in spanish :P sorry for my bad
> english ever i learn so much thanks to this thread
>
> You never say me nothing about my delay fence line
> <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="10" post_join_delay="30"/>
>
> Digimer And Emmanuel Thanks a lot for your help and patience

In a fence race, the node with the sleep will always lose.

DRBD works equally fine with Pacemaker and RHCS.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx