Re: Questions about rgmanager

thx Lon

2009/8/18 Lon Hohberger <lhh@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 11:01 +0200, brem belguebli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few questions about rgmanager:
>
> 1) How to make it take into account resource metadata changes without
> restarting it. service rgmanager reload (or kill -HUP) doesn't.
>     In case one needs to change some timers in a resource metadata,
> the only way to make it is to stop and start rgmanager which brings
> down the resources.

Need to change the configuration version in cluster.conf; rgmanager
doesn't record for example file mtimes and run stat() to see if metadata
changed.  Doing this wouldn't work anyway, as some resources have
external metadata.

> 2) Is there a way to log what "rules" rgmanager succeded to load at
> start time (or the ones it failed to), as having a "24 rules loaded"
> message isn't very explicit.

You can run:

  rg_test rules | grep ^Agent

There's no way currently to have rgmanager log specifically which agent
it loaded at run-time.

> The last point concerns the potential replacement of rgmanager with
> pacemaker (as stated at
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/RGManager). Will this happen in
> a near future ?

Not immediately; we still have a bit to go:

* need configuration file format conversion utility
* need basic "work-alike" tools.  Ex: clustat.
* need to do a bit of work on rgmanager agents so they work
 on pacemaker - the standard by which rgmanager+pacemaker
 operate was inadequate and the two programs have diverged
 in slightly incompatible ways

-- Lon