RE: qdiskd: change the number of votes while thecluster is up, possible?

> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 16:20 +0100, Pena, Francisco Javier wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am doing some tests with a GFS cluster in our lab. As part of the
> > tests, I am trying to upgrade a two-node GFS cluster to
> three nodes.
> > This usually requires shutting down the cluster, but if we
> use qdisk I
> > supposed this was not true anymore...
>
> Unfortunately, that's not true -- because cman flipping from
> 2->non-2 node mode requires a restart of cman, which qdisk
> can't control nor fix. :(
>
> -- Lon

Ok, my fault then. I assumed that removing the "two_node=1
expected_votes=1" options from the cman configuration (as suggested by
Josef Whiter in a previous thread) was enough to prevent cman from being
restarted in this scenario.

So, if I had a three node cluster and wanted to upgrade it to four
nodes, would the qdiskd number of votes be properly propagated to all
nodes?

Javier