Libvirt patch for Ubuntu 14.04 to create image format 2 by default

Hi James (CC to devel),

I've been trying to get a patch [0] into libvirt for the last couple of months to have libvirt create RBD images format 2 by default.

The response from the RedHat people has been zero until thus far. Since this would be great for both OpenStack and CloudStack I'm thinking about Ubuntu 14.04.

If the patch makes it into Libvirt in let's say 6 weeks it will probably not make it into 14.04 since that has been feature frozen.

Is there a way we can get this patch into Libvirt for Ubuntu 14.04? I'm confident it will make it into Libvirt upstream, I just need somebody to look at it.

[0]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-December/msg00645.html

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.