[RBD][OpenStack]The way to solve problem when boot VM and root disk size is specified

Hi all,

Now OpenStack Nova master branch still exists a bug when you boot a VM which root disk size is specified. The storage backend of Nova also is rbd. For example, you boot a VM and specify 10G as root disk size. But the image is only 1G. Then VM will be spawned and the root disk size will expands to 10G. The filesystem still is 1G.

Now I have a way to solve it. When we boot a VM and resize root disk size, we use "fuse-rbd" command to resize filesystem.

fuse-rbd -p pool -c /etc/ceph/ceph.conf /tmp-ceph-rbd
cd /tmp-ceph-rbd
resize2fs volume-xxxxxxxxxxx

It seemed to work but I want to know whether exists problems when many volumes in a pool. I'm not sure that too many volumes cause performance problem.

Best regards,
Wheats