Re: Inktank Ceph Enterprise Launch

Hi Patrick,

I wish Inktank was able to base its strategy and income on Free Software. Like RedHat does, for instance. In addition, as long as Inktank employs the majority of Ceph developers, publishing Calamari as a proprietary software is a conflict of interest. Should someone from the community bootstrap a Free Software alternative to Calamari, it will compete with it. And should Inktank employees participate in the development of this alternative, it would be against the best interest of Inktank. If that were not true, there would be no reason to publish Calamari as proprietary software in the first place.

Please reconsider your decision to publish Calamari as a proprietary software.

Now is probably the right time to call for the creation of a Ceph foundation.

Cheers