Re: HP dl580 g5 RAID management

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/20/2014 1:27 PM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> If this were a Dell RAID, I could use megaraid while the system's
>> running.
>> Does anyone know what I need to use to manage the HP "amart array" RAID?
>> I've got an orange light on a drive, and can't find, googling, whether I
>> can just pull the drive, or if I have to separate it from the RAID,
>> or....
>> And can't bring the system down to use the firmware interface, not
>> without
>> upsetting users.
>>
>> Dealt with this a year or two ago, and can't find anything.
>
> hpacucli

THANK YOU!

That was *exactly* what I needed. Boy, is that interface user hostile.
Finally got it to tell me the drive'd failed.

Now, if we've got a spare 2.5" drive (I have grave doubts)....

> this page seems to suggest what all you need to install to get it to
> play, I'd check HP's site for newer versions, of course, but then a g5
> is a pretty old server.
> http://koo.fi/blog/2008/06/08/hp-array-configuration-and-diagnostic-utilities-on-linux/

It is. We inherited it, sorta, and it's in use in an intramural
collaboration between us and another Institute.

     mark