Re: Filesystem gets corrupted after kernel upgrade to 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6

Hi,

Thanks for your replies!
Today, I'm unable to get the filesystem errors reproduced - maybe I got
a bad mirror? Very unlikely, the PGP signature should then be broken also...

Well, at least the problems with booting the machine still exists, but I
tested this only in virtual environments until now.

In about 50% of my startup tries, the bootloader is counting down and
tries starting the default kernel. But instead of that, the system gets
reset and the bootloader starts again.
Even if I choose the former kernel, this thing still happens.

After a while the loop gets stopped by a kernel panic. I'm not sure, if
the systems kernel panic'ed, or if it's the boot loader itself...
I attached two screenshots to this mail.
These are the only information I can get so far.

This strange behaviour only happens to KVM (HVM) machines which were
recently upgraded to the new kernel.
Other systems (surprisingly MS Windows also) are running and booting
finde without problems.
I'm unable to test, if this happens also to native machines without
virtualization, at the moment :-(

If you need more information, I could help ;-)

Greetings from Wuppertal, Germany
 Max