Re: Speaking of firefox...

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014, Nux! wrote:

> On 11.02.2014 19:40, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> The latest version seems to have a bug. One of my users went to look
>> at a
>> paper in Phy Rev E, and the firefox pdf view looked fine... but what
>> printed had garbage for scales on the graphs. Then I had him use the
>> firefox print preview... and it was garbage. Looked at it on my
>> system,
>> ditto, and firefox was updated yesterday on all our systems.
>>
>> Save as (why isn't there an "open"?) a .pdf, pull it up in acroread,
>> and
>> print, and everything's fine.
>
> Firefox' built-in PDF viewer blows the hell out of my laptop's fan. I
> turned it off, Evince is so SO much better.

+1

I have had enough random problems with it I have turned it off on all systems
I admin. This includes both Linux and windoze. Too many support calls. ESR
is supposed to be stable. The pdf viewer is not.

IMO the default should be an external pdf viewer until the thing is ready
for prime time, although I guess it is hard to get it tested without making
it the default.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address	 		me123@xxxxxxxxxx