Re: kmod-nvidia?

Ned Slider wrote:
> On 20/07/12 16:55, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Jay Leafey wrote:
around. I did a yum clean all, then yum --enablerepo=elrepo list
>>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

distributions/elrepo. Anyone got any ideas why it finds that it's
there, but yum doesn't see the actual repo (and yes, the

>> <snip>
>>> Just a thought, have you tried flushing yum's metadata?  I have run
across a couple of instances where yum seems to get a bit... retentive
and won't retrieve new metadata for one or more repositories.  I
usually
>>> run "yum clean metadata" or "yum clean all", then re-try the operation.
>>>    Unless it is something *I* have boogered badly it usually works.
>>>
>> See emphasized line, above, from previous email. ^^^^^^^^
>

> Please post the output from:
>
> cat /etc/yum.repos.d/elrepo.repo
>
> and
>
> yum list \*kmod-nvidia\*
>
> thanks.

Y'know, I appreciate any and all help, but I'm beginning to feel those
trying to help haven't actually *read* my previous posts. Jay suggested I
do a yum clean all, when I already said I'd done that; Ned's asking for
what the repo looks like, when I posted the top bit and said the rest of
the entries were the same....

Repeating my original post:
### Name: ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository for el6 ###

[elrepo]
name=ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el6
baseurl=http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el6/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://elrepo.org/mirrors-elrepo.el6
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org
protect=0
includepkgs=kmod-nvidia

and the entries for elrepo-testing, elrepo-kernel, and elrepo-extras are
the same.

> PS - This query would really be better placed on the elrepo users
mailing lists rather than the general CentOS mailing lists.

But the real question not about elrepo, which clearly *has* kmod-nvidia,
but why yum can't find the repo, and that is on target for this list.

        mark