Re: st1000spex ethernet card and centos 6.2

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I am still having difficulty installing a second ethernet card in a new
> CentOS 6.2 install.  Tom Bishop was kind enough to give me an excellent
> link to figure out how to change the device names the way I need to have
> them.  It looks to me that CentOS is recognizing the st1000spex card
> from StarTech but I am unable to get data to go in or out of it.
>
> The StarTech manual for this card does not include linux as being
> supported, but several vendors do have their blurbs with linux support
> caveats.  Unfortunately, the StarTech site appears down today, and I
> have not been able to see if they have documentation as to whether there
> is a need for special linux drivers.
>
> Do any of you have a StarTech st1000spex, or any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

Please include the lspci output.

I can access Startech's website and it says it's a Realtek - RTL8111DL
based chip, so you'd better start googling about that chipset under
CentOS.

--
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"