Re: Centos 4 repos help me!

On 04/22/2012 08:54 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <4F9281CB.4050604@xxxxxxxx>,
> David Hrbac  <david-lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dne 21.4.2012 10:27, Tony Mountifield napsal(a):
>>> Except don't change the gpgkey lines, as the keys are still in the
>>> original place and haven't moved to vault. (I discovered this just
>>> yesterday after finding and applying your excellent sed one-liner).
>>> Cheers Tony
>> Tony,
>> I can see the keys on vault.
>> DH
> Interesting, I can see them now, but they definitely weren't there on
> Friday, as yum install failed, and so did a wget. In addition, they
> weren't shown in the list when I browsed to http://vault.centos.org/
>
> But they are there now, so perhaps they have only recently been moved.

They have been put there recently ... I am conflicted about making vault
easy to use.

If we make it too easy to use vault, people will use it and the WILL get
hacked.

If we make it too hard to use, they will be in even worse shape as they
will have older than even the latest updates from vault, which will have
more vulnerabilities than the latest vault version.

In the end, we have decided to put up a CentOS-Base.repo file and add
the keys to vault.  Here is a link to the CentOS-4 version of the
CentOS-Base.repo file:

http://vault.centos.org/4.9/CentOS-Base.repo

NOTE:  Please upgrade your CentOS machines to supported versions
whenever possible ... otherwise it is only a matter of time before
someone uses a critical vulnerability to break into your machine.