Re: t-bird, followup

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM,  <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> did you pick the 'sync' option for the account?  After doing that,
>
> No. I didn't know what it did.

It very specifically mentioned improving the search capability in the
dialog where you made that choice...

>> mine has 'body' in the search, and you can enter text in the search
>> window in the toolbar and pick 'messages mentioning: (which will only
>> appear if there are matches).   If it is an imap account and you don't
>> pick sync, it only downloads the headers until you read a message.
>> Maybe non-imap accounts are different.
>
> This is work. The server's Exchange, of course, so it's an imap acct. Is
> there any way to pick sync afterwards? I don't see anything obvious in
> preferences.

Try 'Help/Migration Assistant'
Worst case, you might delete the account and add it back.

By the way, if you have anywhere to run it, outlook from Microsoft
Office 10 is very good at searching too - much nicer than earlier
versions, although it takes forever to build its initial index.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx