Display and Video modes - more info

Hi all,

I've searched around and couldn't really find much on the subject.

I am playing around with various video modes (spice, vga, etc...) while keeping the display mode to spice.

Wondering why my guests defaulted to Cirrus 9MB as I don;t have that actual video adapter in my machine.

And what the explanations are between video modes?

I noticed vmvga doesn't work for me but rather then trial and error, it would be nice to read some docs on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

- aurf