Re: Silly question about KVM

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure, I understand the support until 2014...was more thinking of moving to 6 and beyond...

People focus on this a lot but really you might have 1 machine that needs Dom0 support and 50 that need DomU support. The majority of Virtual Machines will need DomU support which will be included indefinitely.

Dom0 support is already becoming a pain but either that will be fixed by a) Xen Dom0 getting into the mainline kernel b) someone create a stripped down Dom0 OS just for the hypervisor. Effectively this is what XCP is doing I think.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.