What happens with bluetooth when connection is interrupted

Hi to all,

I have a little question. I have to develop an Application where it can happen that the connection interrupts. I poll the adapter every second to see if I am still connected to the specific device. Now I have to know if there is a possibility that the bluez-function "isConnected(string address)" (D-Bus-Function) returns false but the connection itself is recovered by the BT-Stack so the connection would still exist.

Kind regards,
Reto