Re: streaming in Linux?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, marbux wrote:

Haven't confirmed, but I'd be shocked if Ice Weasel isn't available on Debian.

It is.

You may also need to install something like browser-plugin-gnash for flash content.

For all streams that you can get an actual media link for, I've found that either mplayer or vlc will play pretty much anything. And you can run them both right from the command line without needing xvfb or anything. I don't have realplayer installed anymore!

Geoff.