Re: GRML and Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

	grml would have been my choice if speakup with software
speech wasn't just flat broken. I could hear little snatches of
what it might have been like and it is very good when not being
clobbered by the spelling bug.

	Just the grml disk alone seemed to me like a pretty good
rescue disk because it contains a whole Debian distribution.

	I sure hope the software speech gets fixed one day
because that is a perfect solution for most of the real
technical problems we experience when installing Linux.

	The telnet installation that several mentioned is a
great thing, also, but you always need another computer that is
working to pull that off and software speech requires no extra
hardware so the computer becomes its own synthesizer.

Martin McCormick