From: blinux-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:blinux-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Stephen Clower
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:50 AM
To: Linux for blind general discussion
Subject: Re: resetting audio in gnome

Hi Will,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem is that sound
isn't being heard, not the inability to load orca. I've had orca up and
running on the machine since January, so it's probably safe to assume
it's speaking even though nothing is being heard. I suspect something
happened to the ESD mixer since that's the output port I selected in the
gnome audio preferences. If I could reset these values to their
defaults, that would probably solve the problem. Would a complete
removal of gnome and reinstallation from the ubuntu repository do the
trick? Seems like overkill to fix such a small problem, but I'm willing
to do that if it's my only option left.

- All my best,
- Steve