Re: resetting audio in gnome

Hi Will,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem is that sound isn't being heard, not the inability to load orca. I've had orca up and running on the machine since January, so it's probably safe to assume it's speaking even though nothing is being heard. I suspect something happened to the ESD mixer since that's the output port I selected in the gnome audio preferences. If I could reset these values to their defaults, that would probably solve the problem. Would a complete removal of gnome and reinstallation from the ubuntu repository do the trick? Seems like overkill to fix such a small problem, but I'm willing to do that if it's my only option left.

- All my best,
- Steve