Re: ubuntu linux to the rescue

"Josh" writes:
> Since we can't use safe mode in xp. Can ubuntu linux live cd act as an
> alternative to safe mode allowing one to get rid of bad things without
> booting into xp?

Yes and you can get rid of good things just as easily like your
Windows registry or something else important. You can even
reformat your hard drive and Linux will gladly do that, also.
Unix is power tools. It is the equivalent of band saws and table
saws and welders. You can do great things with those tools and
you can end up with less than ten fingers or a smoking pile of
ashes, also so remember that you are the only one looking out
for you when you use Unix.

	I've done just about every stupid thing you can do in
Unix at one time or other so I speak from experience. Never was
there a prettier or stouter rope for hanging one's self than the
various forms of Unix.

	Having said all that, I wouldn't use any other operating
system. You just need to keep in mind that it is extremely
powerful and will usually always do what you tell it to which
may sometimes not be what you wanted it to do.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer