Re: BRLTTY with an ALVA 380 on parallel

[quoted lines by Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 2007/08/07 at 11:11 +0100]

>I've got an Alva ABT380 connected to my Linux laptop on the parallel
>port.

The Alva uses its parallel port in a non-standard way and they've never been
willing to reveal what they do so brltty doesn't support it.

>There isn't a serial port on the laptop so this is the only option.

You could use a USB to serial adapter and then tell brltty to use one of the
USB serial devices, e.g. ttyUSB0.

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.