gentoo installer program

Admitedly I stressed the installer by trying to do an emerge of gnopernicus on it along with other packages. Nonetheless, I don't think that throwing an exception because a package couldn't be downloaded and as a result of that thrown exception leaving the install in a broken state was all that useful either. Probably all linux installers that will depend on the internet to be a source of packages should have a --resume switch that can be used with them so that if a site is down or unavailable another installation attempt can be made later. The problem is no clear reason for throwing that exception was given, so it could just as easily be the file for download no longer exists either in that directory; the file was renamed, or the file no longer exists on that site. As things stand, I have no way of knowing and neither do the people who wrote the installer since they did not collect bug information and information about the computer as well as what was trying to be emerged and from where from my computer automatically. The internet connection certainly was open, it's just that the capture never happened. So much for emerge; I've had occassion to use yum in my time and slaptget and aptitude on different flavors of Linux I've had installed here over the years and I'm not impressed with emerge at all. I have a subscription to slackware, so do support the Linux community on some level at least but I don't plan on any gentoo donations any time in the near future at least. It would be a questionable investment at best and an outright loss otherwise.