cd burning tip

Assuming you've got all of your cd burning software seet up properly if you use a screen reader there is one more step to take if you use it to burn disks. Specifically temporarily turn off speech during the burning process. If you put --eject in as part of the command string to cdrecord or wodim then your burnt cd will eject when finished and then it's time to enable speech and check out the results on the screen. This and the boot up process itself are two places in accessible linux where I've found it useful to temporarily disable speech. Others may exist I haven't yet encountered.