Re: What is the best email quoting for blind users?

Hi,

M. Fioretti, le Thu 01 Jun 2006 12:19:32 +0200, a écrit :
> besides this mailing list, I also lurk on an italian one focused on
> web and internet accessibility. Some subscribers there told me that
> the only right (accessibility-wise) way of quoting email is to remove,
> or not add, all the "greater than" signs at the beginning of each line.

For speech, probably yes.  For braille, maybe not so sure.

> * is it true that no screen reader can handle traditional email
>   quoting, with all "greater than" signs appended at the beginning of
>   each line?

It is possible that no one does this indeed, but they should.

The issue here is that you can't ask the whole planet to change their
habit.  So your tools should cope with > signs.

And as a sighted user, I really prefer the > quotation mark.

Samuel