zinf-and-an-equalizer?

Well, finally with much help from a fellow lister, we installed zinf version 2.2.5. Reason I wanted zinf was I was lead to believe it had similar plugins to its windows cousin, winamp. I really like the boost in high-frequencies I enjoy in winamp. Well, seemingly no matter what numbers we set, it makes no difference in fidelity but volume is sometimes loer than with tr player. So, obvious question, can some1 please tell us if or how we can ajust the highs in zinf? I have an USB Audigy sound card.
Thanks in advance
Hart