Re: [BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Speech

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 04:18:04PM +0100, Yasemin Acur wrote:
> I'm looking for a german software speech that is compatible with BRLTTY. It
> should be freeware or GNU/GPL.
> I heard about mbrola, but that's just for sbl.

No, not at all:
Mbrola is available as a binary, see the tcts.fpms.ac.be site of the
Université de Mons (Belgium),
but when adding the next line in your sources.list if you're a Debian
user, you can download the mbrola bin as a deb package (nonfree):
deb http://brlspeak.net/dev/debian/ stable main non-free

But for German I presume you need an adequate tts, Hadifix if I remember
the right name.

Aldo.