Re: debian console and multimedia

Well, I'm going to try to send this message a different way in hopes
that it will actually make it to the list.  My messages usually never
make it.

As for your avisynth.dll problems in mplayer, it may be that you are
trying to play a playlist file without the -playlist option.  Next time
you want to play a stream from the internet, try a command like

mplayer -playlist http://url.com/stream.ram

to play a DVD, try

mplayer dvd://

If mplayer still doesn't work for you, you might try

apt-get install vlc

VLC plays most of the same formats as mplayer and doesn't require a
-playlist option to play streams.

HTH,
Lorenzo
--
Give thought to your reputation.  Consider changing name and moving to
a new town.