Re: Bluetoth headsets and astariscs

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Naama Erez wrote:

 > Hi all,
 > This is to all the astariscs users out there - I'm looking for a bluetooth
 > headset that can be used with it, and is also blind-friendly... Any
 > suggestions?
 > Thanks,
all headsets I have ahd sofar 93 or 4) use an indicator light on the
headset itself to indicate on/off or pairingmode
alhough this si blind-unfriendly mostly all of them also use aduio-signals
in the headset itself to indicate these modes too.

before you buy please first check if your bt-unit in your pc or laptop
supports audio-profile at least (or handsfree profile) before buying one.
I've got a jabra v250 at the moment which is quite expansive but I like it
a lot (even vibrates behidn the ear :) ).

AFAIK therefore most headsets will do okay.
jabra though also has it's manuals online.

 > Naama

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)