Distributing braille documens digitally, suggestions please

Hi.

As we all know, braille is differently standardized in nearly every
country (I so wish I could hurt the people responsible for that).
Now, how would you go about distributing braille in an electronic
format over the internet?  In particular, I am thinking
about braille music notation, which is in essence standardized
the same way in the US and in the EU, but there still remains
the "charset" problem.  Is there actually a standard way
of specifying an ASCII files braill encoding, or
will I have to rely on guesswork?  How about encoding variants?  How
can I guarantee that the table used by the user of the document is
the same as the standard for that country defines?  Questions
over questions.  Its a horrible mess, I hope someone has a nice
and technically feasable solution for this.
--
CYa,
  Mario