Re: Linux and BRAILLEX 2D-Screen (hardware)

Hi:

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:53:22PM +0200, Patrik Johansson wrote:
> I've a Braillex 2d Screen Braille display (with a hardware interface
>card) that I've used with RedHat for a long time. I think I've RedHat
>7.x or something.
> If I pass the
> "no-scroll" parameter to the kernel it works fine. I think the
>"no-scroll" has something to do with how Linux does the scrolling. Even
>the installation
> workes fine with this parameter.
> Now, I've tried to install Fedora Core 3.0, but without success.

I tried to install FC4 a few months ago, but entered both the  no-scroll
and  nofb  params;
but the problem I encountered was that the hardware cursor doesn't
follow the position of the cursor, so when at the moment to repartition
the disk, good luck to be sure where you are at that moment...
and that's why I abandonned and returned to my "traditional" Debian.

> At the installation boot prompt I've tried the "no-scroll" parameter,
>but it doesn't seem
> to work.
> Do anyone use Fedora with the Braillex (using the hardware interface card)?
> Do anyone use the Braillex (with the hardware interface card) with
>any other newer distribution?

I use a Tieman Octobraille, similar to the Papenmeier IB80 you are
using;
i still use it with a recent Debian Sarge and a kernel 2.6.8; no
problem.

Try  nofb and no-scroll together.

> Thanks for all help I can get...
> Best regards,