Re: Info about acer travelmate 212 txv

Sauro Cesaretti writes:
> Hi,
> I've a problem with lattop
> acer travelmate 212 txv
>
> and fedora core 3 with kernel 2.6.9.
>
> When I write the command poweroff to turn off the computer, the system
> restart only.

You mean it reboots? This is not something I've seen. Usually, when the
poweroff command doesn't work, it stops at the message 'OK to turn off.'

Try adding:

acpi=off

to your kernel arguments in grub.

In my experience, acpi has only recently begun working properly.
However, when it works, it can be quite nice. For example I am now able
to press my power off button and have the machine run the proper
shutdown sequence--all because of acpi.

> How can I resolve it?
>
> I tried to write the parameter noapic nolapic on the grub console
>
> before starting kernel,
>
> but the system doesn't work correctly.
>
> I'm waiting for your information.
>
> Yours Sincerely.