Re: FC4 installation

Depends on the SATA, I think. There have been complaints of some SATA
not working, while others are just fine. You should not need to do
anything special, but it does really seem to depend on the hw.

I have a raid 5 array made up of SATA drives on a 3Ware controller and
it just works. I did nothing special to configure it.

However, taking the same hd and attaching using the on board sata
controller did not work.

Osvaldo writes:
> Hi,
>
> Should it be possible that you have to pass some param not listed in the F4
> helpmenu to support SATA detection? a good friend of mine tried this morning
> FC4, he was only able to boot after providing the noprobe param, but then
> Fedora only shows his hda disk, NOT the SATA.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thnx,
>
> Aldo.

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040