Re: a very basic ftp question

The Speakup Modified iso images were updated on January 14.

I don't know what the means for you when you say you got two last week,
and two this week, but please take the update into account. You may need
to download two again.

Using the traditional, basic ftp client, you should get a full directory
listing using the 'ls' command.

Michael Malver writes:
> Because of problems I was having, I got two isos last week, and to isos this
> week.
> using standard ftp (i.e. text-base)
> is there a version of ls I can give that will show me the dates the files on
> the linux-speakup site were created? I went to the current direcctory of the
> fedora distribution, and listed the files. I got the names, but want to see
> if the files are created at the same time mine wree downlaoded, so that I
> don't get partway through and discover disk 3 I have is new than the rest of
> the disks from my set.
> does testing the media solve this problem, or does that simply tell you data
> was written okay.
> Thanks for any help.
> Michael

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040