shaving mp3's

For Larry and anyone else,

I just had a similar need to extract part of an mp3 and found that gentoo has a program called mp3splt (http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net) that worked very well for what I needed. I suspect it is preferable to using ecasound (aside from being quicker) since ecasound seems to decode the file, process it, then re-encode it, which I suspect is a lossy operation.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --