RE: isw device for volume broken after opensuse livecd boot

Tiago -

Sounds like you were using a 'matrix raid.'  Both sda and sdb had a two
different raid levels on them.

In my experience when the OROM/Intel Matrix Storage manager reports a
'member offline' it is because a setting was changed in the BIOS, a hard
disk was attached to the system after the BIOS had indexed it but before
the OROM indexed it, or the disk was responding but failed to spin up.

Verify that the settings in the BIOS for IDE are set as "RAID" and that
all the sata ports are enabled.  Next, try to reseat the cables between
the drives and the motherboard.

The released version of dmraid rc14 does not have the ability to
re-write metadata on the disks for Intel OROM.  I do not think that
dmraid or device-mapper caused the problem.  The OROM is still reading
the metadata from the disks otherwise they would not show up as a
'member' in the "DISK/VOLUME Information" window.

Currently there is no way to rebuild a set with ISW metadata in Linux.
You _might_ be able to recover the data from the RAID 1 by using the
Windows iMSM (Intel Matrix Storage Manager) software; which can be
downloaded via support.intel.com

- Eric