- Subject: Question about Fedora 6 with RAID 1
- From: "Julian Magnone" <julianmagnone@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:05:43 -0300
We recently installed Fedora 6 in a E6400 Core 2 Duo processor with ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard, 4Gb RAM and 2x320Gb. HD.
We've configured the BIOS to use the RAID 1 capabilities.
After Fedora 6 was installed, the system crashed after reporting HDD read and write problems in one of the disks.
We want to know if:
1) is this the expected behavior or the system should automatically recover from a failure on one of the disks?
2) exists any command to disconnect one of the disk from the array or this should be only by the BIOS configuration?
Ataraid-list mailing list