RAID 1 with a fakeRaid hardware

Hi all,
I've recently installed a ubuntu dapper Linux in my box with RAID
support following the steps in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto.

In the BIOS I've configured the RAID as RAID-1(Mirror). The disks are
SATA of 160GB of capacity.
The motherboard has an Intel Application RAID software.

The thing is that I would like to have fault tolerant support, but as
I can see in the net forums there is not that kind of support (i.e.: a
disk crashes). In my case, when I unplug the power cable in one of the
disks of the raid, the system freezes.

Do you know if there exists patches for the kernel  which enables an
error handling in failure case?

If not, what sense has to have RAID-1 (fakeRAID) support in that kind
of motherboards?

Currently I have the 2.6.15-27-686 kernel version, and the
1.0.0.rc13 for the dmraid package.

Thank you,
Joaquin.