Re: Asterisk Authentication

actually alwaysauthreject was the problem, making it yes was a solution.

thanks everyone

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Eric Wieling <EWieling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try setting the sip.conf entry to friend, not peer and not user.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Boykin
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:34 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: Asterisk Authentication

I am not sure if you understood the problem. Asterisk introduced "match_auth_username" option for what I exactly want but it doesn't seem to be work.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Ishfaq Malik <ish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        On 11 March 2014 11:39, Jim Boykin <boykinjim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                Hi,

                I am trying to setup asterisk so that anyone from any IP can call using any callerid as long they have an account - also no registration is required.

                However, it seems like asterisk tries to find peer based on either the IP address or from header.  What I  really want is asterisk to find account/peer based on username passed as part of the authentication and NOT from the IP address or the from header.

                Any idea how to achieve this.

                Thanks

        It has to be either fixed IP address or username and password with a dynamic host. This is no in between to the best of my knowledge.

        Regards

        Ish

        --

        Ishfaq Malik
        Department: VOIP Support

        Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
        37 Ducie Street
        Manchester, M1 2JW
        COMPANY REG NO. 04920552