IAX with two asterisk boxes

Hello,

I have two asterisk boxes running and both are using DAHDI PRI Card. I wish to know if IAX is the best method to connect both the boxes?

Also, need some help with the following?

1. For incoming call on server2 I wish to run an IVR to the user for which all my prompt sound files resides on server1. Is there a way I can achieve this?
2. I am also using .call file at times to make outgoing call to the user where IVR will be played but I will initiated the .call file from server1 spool but the call should use server2 dahdi lines and also stream the file from server1?

Please suggest

--
Regards,

Ashish