Re: Asterisk 10/1.6.1 and Dahdi/Libpri compatilities in BRI /PtmP

2012/6/26, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > This is the option I will try.
>> > I'll report my findings here.
>>
>> My findings, after setting layer1_presence=ignore in chan_dahdi.conf
>> are :
>>
>>   == Starting D-Channel on span 1
>>   == Starting D-Channel on span 2
>>   == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
>>   == Primary D-Channel on span 2 up
>> foo*CLI> pri show spans
>> PRI span 1/0: Up, Active
>> PRI span 2/0: In Alarm, Down, Active
>> foo*CLI> pri show spans
>> PRI span 1/0: In Alarm, Down, Active
>> PRI span 2/0: Down, Active
>> foo*CLI> pri show spans
>> PRI span 1/0: Down, Active
>> PRI span 2/0: Down, Active
>> foo*CLI> pri show spans
>> PRI span 1/0: Down, Active
>> PRI span 2/0: Down, Active
>>

>> So basically, "pri show spans" still reports lines being down, though
>> they are not.
>
> The "pri show spans" command is not useful for PTMP lines if the *telco*
> brings layer 2 and layer 1 down while idle.  These lines really are down.
> The *only* difference between an unplugged line and layer 1 being down is
> that they come back up on demand.

Do you imply that instead of being afraid of the word "Down" presence,
I should stand assured by
the word "Active" presence, the later one meaning "this line can be
back up on demand" ?

What would the wording for such situation in 1.4.13, with these layer
1 and 2 features ?
Still something like "Down, Active" ?
And what about using something more specific like "Energy save, Active" ?

What surprised me a lot is the speed with which each line is put in
energy save mode : a line remainded up during 20s or so and then put
down for a while.