Re: Caller ID : FSK ETSI or FSK US

Thanks John :)
Yes, the telco company does deliver the CLID because I pay for this service every month and when I test it using analog phone, the caller ID displayed on the phone perfectly. 10 out of 10 try the caller id displayed on the analog phone.

I cant found a official information from the telco company but based on paper released by a student I found on the net (he did a experiment on caller id system in our country), it's FSK.

I understand that this feature is not auto detected and need to be told on the conf file. I did post the conf file on this list few weeks ago but still no solution so I try something else (buy a caller id converter hardware, upgrade the dahdi to 2.6.1).

I'm from indonesia. Is there is somebody here ever working with this issue in my country, please let me know :)

And I need to know: is it possible that echo canceller (epsecially OSLEC) can mess the caller id detection? I'm asking this because somebody is posting this in a forum:

--------
I just solved the problem by re-install dahdi with custom configs, it
seems like the problem is the echo canceller.
The default echo canceller oslec seems to "cancel" my caller id and
therefore, no caller id was received.
So I change echo_can oslec to echo_can mg2 in the
"etc/dadhi/genconf_parameters," restart elastix, re-detect hardware
and restart again, everything works!

If anyone from Taiwan also has the same problem, you can refer to here
--------

Thanks :)

Best regards,
Anam.