Re: twenty thousands (20, 000) users, which asterisk and how many servers

My question is:

Is it really possible to have the asterisk configuration in the database server instead of having it in conf files? HOW? I am asking this because what I noticed in AsteriskNow and in A2Billing and Vicidial or Goautodial that whatever I do configuration in the GUI, then the configuration will be generated in the conf files, so Asterisk will read from the conf files and not from the database directly. Is it right or I am confused and there is something else?

If there is a method to let the configuration to be taken from the database (and not from the configuration), then HOW? Because even in AsteriskNow, the configuration will be generated in a conf files.

Hi Bilal,

You want to look the Asterisk realtime configuration features if you want to run your configuration from a database rather than configuration files.

This should point you in the right direction and get you started: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime

It should be noted that if you're wanting to use AsteriskNow (which relies on FreePBX for its gui configuration features), then Asterisk realtime configuration will not work as it is not compatible at this time. Other web gui's might work, but I am not familiar with them. FreePBX's sentiment on the subject is shared here: http://www.freepbx.org/trac/wiki/AsteriskRealtime

-John